Monday 11 June 2007

I think making a distinction between learning new pieces and practicing or playing repertoire is starting to help. The two processes are quite different. Also, with my astigmatism and myopia, I sometimes get lost on the page so using little post-it notes as markers for reading short sections helps. Of course, with this problem the obvious course is to memorize which I have done with the Chopin Etude Op10. No1.

Chopin Etude Op 10 No1: Even but need to place more weight through the R wrist to generate more sound and make it easier for the fingers.

Chopin Etude Op 25 No 2 : Still struggling, some bits a bit better. I think I will try to memorise this as well. Some of the little finger notes in the R hand are not sounding.

Chopin Ballade No 4. : Half way! Shouldn't celebrate to soon though. I think this piece just gets harder and harder as it goes along to the apparently near impossible coda. I need to listen to the CD again.

Rachmaninov Op 32 no 10: Still need to move faster. The middle section is better especially the left hand. The bar before the first cadenza is still breaking down.

Rach. op. 23 No 5: Just the coda to learn. Should have it finished by next week. Almost memorised first two pages. Good.

Brahms Op. 119 No 4. : Going to listen to Radu Lupu's performance of this on CD.

Next week will be Saturday at 9am because Piers Lane is playing on Sunday afternoon.

No comments: