Tuesday 5 February 2008

I had learnt the first page and a half of the Suite Bergamasque (SB). It isn't that practically difficult but I'm sure the difficulty is in the nuances and colours.

Still no start on the new Scarlatti sonatas. If I was an ancient pyramid builder, I'd still be there today with people honking their camels at me to get my stone blocks out of their way.

The Chopin ballade is getting a move on now. It strikes me as funny how a piece will sort of suddenly gel. The two Rachmaninov preludes have done that.

Tickets for SIPCA (Sydney International Piano Competition) will be on sale soon. Haven't completely made up my mind whether to go or not. There's a lot of extra stuff that you hear on the radio that you don't here if you are actually there eg. interviews with the judges etc.

No comments: